- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Obtain medical clearance from a medical professional after last use
- Meet criteria for the Residential level of care
- Must be able to exit building in under 2 minutes unassisted
Koinonia only accepts Potawatomi Insurance and Security Health Plan insurance.
As a courtesy, Koinonia staff will verify your insurance benefits. We highly recommend that you contact your insurance personally so you can fully understand your benefits. Insurance companies do not guarantee your benefits. We will work with you to provide information to best estimate your cost.
Medicaid does cover the cost of treatment at Koinonia.
American HealthCare Lending is one of the top behavioral health lending institutes in the United States. This lending intuition may be able to provide assistance for those in financial need.
- Insurance cards
- All medications you are currently taking, in the original containers. (A 30 day supply)
- A list of your medications, the dosage and how they are to be taken signed by your doctor (Including over the counter medications). We are required to have this per state law. Please note that we do not have a physician to write prescriptions.
- 7 Changes of clothing (casual wear) and exercise clothes if you are planning on using the YMCA while in treatment. Outdoor clothes that are appropriate to the season. Laundry machines available free of charge.
- Jacket, boots and a blanket if needed
- 2 pairs of pajamas
- Running Shoes
- Shower shoes
- 2 towels and wash cloth
- Up to 100 dollars (bring cash for stamps/vending machines/or cigarettes if you smoke.
- Pillow (if you want to use your own)
- Alarm clock
- Water bottle (clear)
Personal hygiene products must be alcohol-free
- Body wash
- Deodorant-must be stick
- No e-cigarettes/Vaping
- Heating pads and electric blankets
- Colored pencils/markers/coloring books
- Soda/candy/snacks brought in from outside.
- Nail polish/nail polish remover
- Hair dyes or bleaching products
- Perfume/cologne/aftershave/body sprays
- Any products containing ethyl alcohol or ethanol
- Large amounts of cash or valuable items
- Aerosol products
- Clothing that glorifies and advertises alcohol, taverns or drugs
- Dress code prohibits halter tops, tube tops, and spaghetti straps, tops that reveal midriff or too much cleavage. Shorts need to be mid-thigh length.
- DVDs and movies
- Personal vehicles